Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
TCF Objectives Statement
Cornerstone Mortgage Consultants is committed to ensuring that the FSA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principle we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after sales service.
- meet as best we can the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, and constantly reviewing our service to identify areas for improvement.
In practical terms for the different areas of our business this means:
- ensuring that promotional material is clear, compliant, jargon free and appropriately targeted.
- ensuring that we have thorough training on all products we advise on, understand who they are and aren’t suitable for.
- keeping detailed records of customer instructions and profile/attitude to risk, and of the advice and options given before, during and after a sale – to help ensure we treat customers fairly and can deal with any complaints that may arise swiftly and fairly.
- encouraging after sales contact with clients where appropriate to correct or improve on the service already offered.
- ensuring that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with FSA deadlines and rules.
- encouraging staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints – and monitoring the outcome.
- ensuring that staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, data protection and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers.
- offering regular training in the principle of TCF at all levels of the business.
- regularly monitoring and reporting on all of the above TCF activities as part of the company’s management information, in order to assess TCF performance across the business and recommend changes where appropriate.
- ensuring that TCF value are supported and understood by all staff .
Start your new financial journey today
Our dedicated team of mortgage and protection experts are here to help you on your way to a financial future that suits your needs.
What our clients say
“The service we received from Cornerstone was
Neil Ramsay, Penicuik
What our clients say
" We would recommend Cornerstone and Gerry Weir - they made the potentially daunting and complex process of a remortgage as painless and straight forward as possible offering clear, considered advice to enable us to make a confident decision. "
A Gatehouse & M Cochrane, London